Monday, December 10, 2012

On Reaching day 60

Reaching Day 60 was both the most happiest and uncomfortable day of my life. First off I wanna say, Yes!!! I did it, its finally over and I look amazing!!! But there are other things to address. When watching the film, “Fat, Sick, and nearly dead,” Joe Cross ate a green apple when he broke his fast. I don’t really like green apples, I find them too sour; therefore I decided I’d break my fast with some watermelon, because I love watermelon. As I was cutting up my watermelon, I noticed the cupboard was slightly ajar allowing me to see a bottle of Tapatio, a very delicious Mexican hot sauce. I missed the mariachi bottle so much that I decided to pour a little over my watermelon. In the process of putting the bottle away, I noticed the tajin, which is chili powder. I decided to add some chili powder as well. Then, I saw the chamoy bottle, and I just couldn’t help myself. Normally, this would still not be enough chili to satisfy my taste buds because I can usually take lots and lots of spicy food at once. Well, at least I used to. I don’t know what happened to me during this fast, but I grew to be extremely sensitive to spice. The first few bites were heaven!!! Mmmm. Just thinking of my first bite is wonderful! Then I found myself sucking in a lot of breath, the way I have seen people who can’t take chili do. I see them sucking in air as if it would make it better, it doesn’t! I couldn’t believe that I, Ms. Three-salsas-is-not-enough-for-my-tacos was in need of water, while eating watermelon!!!! As if this wasn’t enough, I came home to find my mother, grandmother, and sister cooking up one of my favorite dishes: enmoladas. “Ay! Don’t make that face, and you better eat this food we’re preparing because it is your favorite and it is your birthday and you said today you were going to start eating.” I was not about to complain or pass on the food because it is sooo delicious and it was my Birthday after all. Big mistake!!! My stomach paid the consequences. You’ll never know what an upset stomach is until you undergo a two month juice fast and make the stupid decision to eat watermelon with chile for breakfast and enmoladas for dinner. Let’s just say I didn’t go to work or school the next day. It was awful, but I learned my lesson. Overall though, I encourage everyone to try something like this one day, becausde it feels amazing to conquer one's own weaknesses!!!

5 comments:

  1. You are a rockstar, and your determination & will-power are inspiring! Congrats on making it to day 60!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That is a fantastic accomplishment. Now you know what you can do when you set your mind to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! This is very inspirational. Id like to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's how my niece and nephews eat their Takis.

    ReplyDelete