Friday, December 21, 2012

On Dean Shareski's “Why Sharing matters”

I was happy to hear this recording was introduced by Couro because I really enjoy the enthusiasm in his voice which is so important for these kind of observations. He joked that his guest Dean Shareski put the share in Shareski. Something funny was mentioned; he said that no matter where you are in the world, you can still be part of this class. Which not only made me think of people who are living on different parts of the world, but of people like me who are collaborating a year later by listening. I wish I could write a whole post on Shareski’s quote, “live a balanced life-learn some think some and draw and paint and sing and dance and play and work every day some.” It really reminded me of Pink’s six senses when he describes Play. I’d like to do a jumping picture as well. I have to say I enjoyed Shareski more than Couro J I don’t think I’ve ever seen preschoolers and kindergartners as sophisticated ,but after listening to Shareski I must say how much more advanced they are than the rest of society. Kids learn to get along, interact with people, and share things with one another. As grown-ups we get caught up on our own lives and not only forget others but disregard their existence sometimes. Sharing stops being as important as it once was, unfortunately now a days consecutiveness has now become more useful than knowing things. Although I’ve personally never had too many problems sharing with the people around me who are actually in my life, I’ve always found it difficult to share myself with people who are different than me. I’ve concluded that it’s pretty selfish of me to deprive others of my personality, strengths, and humor not to mention connectivity.

No comments:

Post a Comment